Wednesday 23 November 2011

Pastel Book

I chose a pastel book as my next journal to make a change. I really like the coloured paper-and there is a piece of tissue paper in between each page too which I also used. The front cover is two pieces of marbling I did ages ago. I do these things and make loads of pieces as it is that kind of activity, then I don't know what to do with them! I have used a few in collage but the rest are still in an envelope! Summery pastel beach huts on the title page.
The sunflower picture is from a number of years ago-from the nursery garden. We had great sunflowers this year too-the last year for that garden as the school is now being rebuilt and the garden has gone. It was very hot this September and October, and has been mild for most of November.


4 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Lovely sunflower, Sarah! We had a mini ice-storm last night; the windows were bubbled with frozen rain. This morning it had melted again.

kat

Unknown said...

I love the summer beach huts. and can relate to stacking up marbled and paste papers 'on speculation'. happy day, sus

Carole Reid said...

You'll find something to do with them one of these days. Our sun flowers didn't grow this year as our summer was too short and cool until September when it was too late!

lilylovekin said...

I love your new journal, I look forward to following your progress in it.