Tuesday, 9 August 2011
This is the front cover of my new journal. It is called 'Erewhon' as that is the title of the book I used the cover from. (The book is about a fictional country, and the title is an anagram of 'nowhere') I cut a circle from the cover and from quite a lot of the following pages, then filled it with pieces of china from the riverbank, then covered these with resin. I prevented the resin getting through to the rest of the book with tinfoil. It took ages and ages for it to dry thoroughly and for the smell to go, but eventually it did, and it is now lovely. I cut lots of different pages from an assortment of papers then made signatures to go inside, sewed these into a piece of fabric then stuck this into the emptied book cover. It is so different to my last book and that is making me use it differently-more drawing and painting and less sticking things in.